Honey Run Covered Bridge is a wooden covered bridge located at 1670 Honey Run Road in Chico, Ca. 95928, about halfway in between Chico and Paradise in northern California, originally called Carr Hill Road. The old timers originally called the bridge "The Covered Bridge". In the board of supervisors minutes, it was referred to as "The Butte Creek Bridge" or "The Carr Hill Bridge". It is one of the few covered bridges left in California and is the only tri-span bridge in the United States. The Bridge was originally built in 1887 by the American Bridge and Building Company of San Francisco at the cost of $4295. George Miller was appointed superintendent of construction. During heavy rains of 1894, the bridge was washed from it's moorings at the banks, and carried downstream to complete destruction. A Mr. Bennett was given a bid of $16 to $18 per thousand feet of lumber to rebuild the Honey Run Covered Bridge, which was completed in 1896. The bridge crosses Butte Creek and intersects with Centerville Road in Butte County, California. In 1965 a truck smashed into the east end of the bridge causing it to partially collapse. The county road department plans were to build a concrete bridge one quarter mile upstream and abandon the Covered Bridge until Harvey Johnson created and became the first president of the Honey Run Covered Bridge Association and had people sign petitions. The association's dedication was to raise money and solicit volunteer help to restore, preserve and maintain the bridge for future generations. A major fund raising project was needed by the association. Butte County Sheriff Larry Gillick was contacted and the first Honey Run Covered Bridge Breakfast, served by his deputies and "Captain Bob Chuck Wagon" was organized and served approximately 1,000 breakfasts. Since then, the association voted to make it an annual fund raising event. An alternative steel bridge was built upstream for vehicular traffic. The Honey Run Covered Bridge is now a Historic Landmark. As of 2013, the current president of the Honey Run Covered Bridge Association is Nick Salerno III, the great great nephew of the first president of the association in 1965, Harvey Johnson.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on June 23, 1988.